Cooper Institute offers consultation, facilitation, and training firmly grounded in a community development principles. The vast majority of our work is with non-profit organizations, community associations, and academic institutions. Cooper Institute also welcomes work with government institutions, social economy enterprises, and the private sector on a case-by-case basis. In to ensure our services are accessible, we negotiate fees for our services on a sliding scale.
Our staff offers facilitation on a variety of topics including:
- Cultural inclusion, anti-oppression, and equity training
- Interest based conflict resolution
- Media relations
- Planning and evaluation techniques
- Community engagement and outreach
- Training of trainers and facilitators
- Interpersonal communication
- Community action for social justice
- Participatory democracy and resistance
Cooper Institute's staff is skilled at collaborating with local, national, and international organizations. We can work with your organization to create truly participatory programs. Our philosophy is to bring forth the relevant experiences and knowledge of the participants, to facilitate analysis, to identify the available strengths and resources; and to develop concrete and feasible action in order to make the desired change.
Our staff has experience building trust and facilitating sessions with diverse populations and groups including farmers, fishers, First Nations people, women, workers, Acadians, church groups, persons with disabilities, multicultural groups, seniors, youth, community organizations, LGBTQ, and educational institutions.
There are a variety of services that we provide for organizations and groups upon request.
- Organizational Development - strategic plan development, policy development, team development; participatory project evaluation
- Non-profit Organizational Capacity Building - board governance, program design, proposal writing, media training
- Outreach - community engagement, community development
- Event Coordination – retreats, week-long training, conferences
- Needs assessments
- Focus groups
- Participatory evaluations
- Public policy analysis