Cooper Institute is an education and community development centre in the province of Prince Edward Island, Canada. The main program areas of our organization are livable income for all, food sovereignty, democracy, diversity and inclusion, protection of land and water, and improving lives of migrant workers in the province. Within these programs, we conduct research and popular education projects on provincial, national, and international level.
Learn more about what we do from our latest Activities Report.
Guides for Migrant Workers - Living and Working in PEI
Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP)
Seasonal Agricultural Workers Program (SAWP)
|Guide for Migrant Workers||Guide for Seasonal Agricultural Workers|
|Guía para Trabajadores Migrantes||Guía para Trabajadores Agrícolas Estacionales|
Would you like to contribute to making a positive change?
At Cooper Institute any donation is very much appreciated. Donated funds will be used to make Prince Edward Island a better place for everyone. Donate Now
News and Events
- Sharing Seeds and Planning Your Garden for Saving SeedsCooper Institute and PEI Public Libraries Make Seeds Available to Gardeners
- Mar 19 2021
- Seed kits will be available as of March 22 at PEI libraries. And on March 23, Josie Baker will present a workshop on planning a garden for seed saving.
- Indigenous Fisheries - Rights, Resilience & RevivalDaniel O'Hanley Lecture - Online, February 7
- Jan 25 2021
- The Latin American Mission Program (LAMP) is presenting the 29th annual Daniel O’Hanley Memorial Lecture on Sunday, February 7, 2021 at 2:00 p.m. Due to COVID 19 restrictions, the lecture will be on-line.
- Online Presentations for Tenants Start January 28Sponsored by PEI Fight for Affordable Housing and Cooper Institute
- Jan 25 2021
- The PEI Fight for Affordable Housing and Cooper Institute are organizing websinars for tenants. Subjects include tenants' rights, organizing success stories and the ABCs of organizing.
- Migrant Worker Program AdvocacyCooper Institute seeking a new member of collective and Migrant Worker Program Coordinator
- Dec 23 2020
- Cooper Institute has been engaged in education, accompaniment, and advocacy with migrant workers since 2010. We are seeking a new person to join our collective and staff team as the coordinator of outreach and support to migrant workers.
- Tenant Support and OrganizingShort-term Organizer Position Available
- Dec 04 2020
- Cooper Institute and the PEI Fight for Affordable Housing are seeking a Tenant Network Coordinator for a short-term position, starting in December through to the end of March, 2021.
- Land Mattersby Marie Burge
- Nov 04 2020
- "There is in the wider Island community a growing anxiety about how land is increasingly owned and controlled by a few large and powerful corporations and their numerous off-shoots, some of which are clearly interlocking."