Cooper Institute is an education and community development centre in the province of Prince Edward Island, Canada. The main program areas of our organization are livable income for all, food sovereignty, democracy, diversity and inclusion, protection of land and water, and improving lives of migrant workers in the province. Within these programs, we conduct research and popular education projects on provincial, national, and international level.
Learn more about what we do here:
Migrant Worker Guides
Would you like to contribute to making a positive change?
At Cooper Institute any donation is very much appreciated. Donated funds will be used to make Prince Edward Island a better place for everyone. Donate Now
News and Events
- PEI Land and Water: Sources of all LiveSocial Justice Symposium - Wednesday, March 11 in Wheatley River
- Feb 25 2020
- Colin Jeffrey will be the keynote speaker at an event co-hosted by Wheatley River Improvement Group and Trout River Environmental Committee.
- Protecting Land - Op-Ed by Shelby DownePublished in the Charlottetown Guardian, February 20, 2020
- Feb 25 2020
- When farmland ownership is concentrated in fewer hands, food sovereignty (the ability of communities to have control over their source of food) is at stake.
- Symposium - Basic Income Guarantee - February 22Murphy's Community Centre, 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 pm
- Feb 12 2020
- The Voluntary Resource Council (VRC) is sponsoring a seniors’ symposium entitled, Basic Income Guarantee: We can make it happen.
- Seeds of Community presents: Seedy Saturdays 2020! Co-hosted by PEI Libraries
- Feb 06 2020
- Every weekend in March. Seedy Saturdays are a chance for home gardeners to share seeds that they've saved, pick up seeds for their gardens, and learn about seed saving.
- International Development Week 2020February 2-8, 2020
- Jan 23 2020
- February 2-8 in Charlottetown - Everyone is invited to participate in panel discussions, workshops, displays and presentations on the themes of gender equality and climate justice, happening all week.
- Community Forum on Basic Income GuaranteeWith Guest Speaker, Honourable Hugh Segal
- Sep 26 2019
- Murphy’s Community Centre 200 Richmond Street, Charlottetown Wednesday, October 2, 2019 7:00 pm.