Cooper Institute is an education and community development centre in the province of Prince Edward Island, Canada. The main program areas of our organization are livable income for all, food sovereignty, democracy, diversity and inclusion, protection of land and water, and improving lives of migrant workers in the province. Within these programs, we conduct research and popular education projects on provincial, national, and international level.
Learn more about what we do here:
Migrant Worker Guides
Would you like to contribute to making a positive change?
At Cooper Institute any donation is very much appreciated. Donated funds will be used to make Prince Edward Island a better place for everyone. Donate Now
News and Events
- Migrant Worker Program AdvocacyCooper Institute seeking a new member of collective and Migrant Worker Program Coordinator
- Dec 23 2020
- Cooper Institute has been engaged in education, accompaniment, and advocacy with migrant workers since 2010. We are seeking a new person to join our collective and staff team as the coordinator of outreach and support to migrant workers.
- Tenant Support and OrganizingShort-term Organizer Position Available
- Dec 04 2020
- Cooper Institute and the PEI Fight for Affordable Housing are seeking a Tenant Network Coordinator for a short-term position, starting in December through to the end of March, 2021.
- Land Mattersby Marie Burge
- Nov 04 2020
- "There is in the wider Island community a growing anxiety about how land is increasingly owned and controlled by a few large and powerful corporations and their numerous off-shoots, some of which are clearly interlocking."
- 10 Days for Transit!Public Transit for Everyone
- Oct 15 2020
- Transit bus tours, transit bingo and more - October 19-28 in Charlottetown
- Take Back the NightA march to end gender violence
- Sep 09 2020
- Thursday, September 17 at 7 pm - Gather at the Coles Building in Charlottetown, the march ends at the pavilion in Victoria Park.
- Permanent Status for AllDigital Rally to take place Sunday, June 14
- Jun 11 2020
- The rally, organized by the Migrant Rights Network, is part of a campaign for full immigration status for all, as part of a just recovery from COVID-19.