Cooper Institute is an education and community development centre in the province of Prince Edward Island, Canada. The main program areas of our organization are livable income for all, food sovereignty, democracy, diversity and inclusion, protection of land and water, and improving lives of migrant workers in the province. Within these programs, we conduct research and popular education projects on provincial, national, and international level.
Learn more about what we do here:
Migrant Worker Guides
Would you like to contribute to making a positive change?
At Cooper Institute any donation is very much appreciated. Donated funds will be used to make Prince Edward Island a better place for everyone. Donate Now
News and Events
- Let's Chat Basic Income and HealthJune 7, 10:00 to 3:30 - Wesleyan Church, Moncton
- Apr 18 2019
- An interactive event, to learn more about a Basic Income Guarantee and its potential impacts on health, hosted by the Public Health Association of NB and PEI, C-BIG PEI and Basic Income NB.
- Leaders' Forum on Environmental IssuesMonday, April 8 at 7 pm, MacDougall Hall, UPEI
- Apr 02 2019
- As part of the lead up to the provincial election on April 23, a coalition of 20 Island organizations involved with a range of environmental and conservation issues on PEI is hosting an all-party leaders' forum on environmental issues.
- Party Leaders' Debate on the LandTuesday, April 9th, 7 pm at Murchison Centre in Charlottetown
- Apr 02 2019
- The Coalition for the Protection of PEI Lands has invited the leaders of the four political parties to take part in a public debate on urgent land-related issues in Prince Edward Island.
- If We Don't Know, We Can LearnOpEd by Marie Burge
- Mar 08 2019
- Whether we say yes or no, let’s do it with the best knowledge we can acquire.
- Land Grabbing in Prince Edward IslandWith Keynote Speaker Senator Diane Griffin
- Feb 23 2019
- Land Grabbing on PEI: How the Lands Protection Act is being violated and why Islanders should be concerned: Saturday, February 23 from 1:30 to 4:00 pm at the PEI Farm Centre. Hosted by the Coalitions for the Protection of PEI Land and Water.
- International Development Week 2019February 4-9
- Jan 18 2019
- Events will offer opportunities for groups to network and discuss their work on international issues, to discuss PEI's climate change action plan, the impact of poverty on children's health and possible solutions, and much more.