Cooper Institute is an education and community development centre in the province of Prince Edward Island, Canada. The main program areas of our organization are livable income for all, food sovereignty, democracy, diversity and inclusion, protection of land and water, and improving lives of migrant workers in the province. Within these programs, we conduct research and popular education projects on provincial, national, and international level.
Learn more about what we do here:
Migrant Worker Guides
Would you like to contribute to making a positive change?
At Cooper Institute any donation is very much appreciated. Donated funds will be used to make Prince Edward Island a better place for everyone. Donate Now
News and Events
- Permanent Status for AllDigital Rally to take place Sunday, June 14
- Jun 11 2020
- The rally, organized by the Migrant Rights Network, is part of a campaign for full immigration status for all, as part of a just recovery from COVID-19.
- Cooper Institute Joins National Campaign for Healthcare for AllOver 200 organizations across Canada sign open letter for #HealthCare4All Campaign for Healthcare Coverage for all People Living in Canada
- May 21 2020
- Cooper Institute, PEI Working Group for a Livable Income among groups signing open letter to the Prime Minister and Federal Minister of Health, calling for healthcare for everyone regardless of immigration status.
- Covid-19 Information for Temporary Foreign Workers Now AvailableGuides are available in English, Spanish and Chinese
- May 06 2020
- Information about Covid-19, and links to helpful resources for temporary foreign workers are now available on the Government of Prince Edward Island website, in 3 languages.
- Income Supports for Migrants in CanadaInformation for workers who have lost income due to Covid-19 - English, Chinese, Spanish
- Apr 11 2020
- HAVE YOU LOST WORK OR INCOME BECAUSE OF COVID-19? All non-permanent residents with a valid Social Insurance Number can get money through the Federal government’s emergency fund (CERB). You do not need to have filed taxes or submit any documents.
- Cooper Institute Office Temporarily Closed Due to Covid-19But you can still reach us!
- Apr 03 2020
- While we may not be in the office, we are available by email (see the contact us tab at the top of the page) and by phone. 902-894-4573. It may be a few. days before we return your call, please be patient!
- PEI Land and Water: Sources of all LiveSocial Justice Symposium - Wednesday, March 11 in Wheatley River
- Feb 25 2020
- Colin Jeffrey will be the keynote speaker at an event co-hosted by Wheatley River Improvement Group and Trout River Environmental Committee.