Cooper Institute is an education and community development centre in the province of Prince Edward Island, Canada. The main program areas of our organization are livable income for all, food sovereignty, democracy, diversity and inclusion, protection of land and water, and improving lives of migrant workers in the province. Within these programs, we conduct research and popular education projects on provincial, national, and international level.
Social Justice Symposium 2018
We are pleased to present the report of our fourth annual Social Justice Symposium, held in March 2018, in honour of Andrew Macdonald. This year's topic was the PEI Lands Protection Act; the Spirit and the Letter.
Would you like to contribute to making a positive change?
At Cooper Institute any donation is very much appreciated. Donated funds will be used to make Prince Edward Island a better place for everyone. Donate Now
News and Events
- Migrant Worker Forum 2018 - A Great SuccessSharing and Learning and Ideas for Positive Change
- May 10 2018
- Seventy people from community and faith organizations and government joined migrant workers for a full day of presentations and discussion aimed at increasing our collective understanding of the challenges faced by migrant workers living in PEI.
- Forum to Address Migrant Workers' RightsLiving and Thriving: Supporting Migrant Workers in PEI
- Apr 11 2018
- With guest speakers Marisa Berry Méndez of the Canadian Council for Refugees, Gabriel Allahdua of Justice for Migrant Workers and Connie Sorio, KAIROS Canada.
- PEI Lands Protection Act: The Spirit and the LetterSocial Justice Symposium 2018 - Report
- Mar 28 2018
- "Participants agreed that land should be kept for the people who live and produce food on it – protecting it for present and future generations. It was encouraging that more people will accept the challenge to be protectors of the land."
- Time to Make WavesInternational Women's Day Celebration 2018
- Feb 23 2018
- Thursday, March 8, 3 pm at Trinity United Church Hall in Charlottetown There will be FUN, food, friends, music, a kid’s station and of course DANCING! This is a FREE event - no charge to join in the celebration!
- Symposium to Address Seniors' Mental HealthSaturday, February 24, 2018 9:30 to 12:30, Murphy's Community Centre
- Feb 02 2018
- The Voluntary Resource Council will present Promoting Mental Health in Seniors: Challenges and Strategies.
- PEI Lands Protect Act: The Spirit and the LetterSaturday, March 3rd from 12:30-4 pm at Milton Community Hall
- Feb 02 2018
- Cooper Institute's 4th Annual Social Justice Symposium in Honour of Father Andrew MacDonald