Cooper Institute is an education and community development centre in the province of Prince Edward Island, Canada. The main program areas of our organization are livable income for all, food sovereignty, democracy, diversity and inclusion, protection of land and water, and improving lives of migrant workers in the province. Within these programs, we conduct research and popular education projects on provincial, national, and international level.
Learn more about what we do from our latest Activities Report.
Impacts of COVID-19 on Migrant Workers in Prince Edward Island
Guides for Migrant Workers - Living and Working in PEI
Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP)
Seasonal Agricultural Workers Program (SAWP)
|Guide for Migrant Workers||Guide for Seasonal Agricultural Workers|
|Guía para Trabajadores Migrantes||Guía para Trabajadores Agrícolas Estacionales|
Would you like to contribute to making a positive change?
At Cooper Institute any donation is very much appreciated. Donated funds will be used to make Prince Edward Island a better place for everyone. Donate Now
News and Events
- A Good War: Mobilizing Canada for the Climate EmergencyA virtual event with Seth Klein
- Sep 07 2021
- Hosted by the Bookmark and Council of Canadians PEI - with Julie Pellissier-Lush, Seth Klein, Todd MacLean, Stephanie Arnold, Sweta Daboo and Colin Jeffrey.
- Foundation Supports Cooper InstituteProgram will empower and increase visibility of migrant workers in PEI
- Jul 19 2021
- Cooper Institute is among the recipients of the Campbell Webster Foundation's annual grants for poverty relief and sustainable development projects.
- Cooper Institute Receives DonationSekisui Diagnostics Supports Cooper Institute
- Jul 19 2021
- Sekisui Diagnostics, a PEI based company that manufactures and researches clinical chemical reagents for use in hospitals and clinics around the world, recently presented Cooper Institute with a donation.
- How the Pandemic Affected Temporary Foreign Workers in PEINew research reveals inadequate housing, overcrowding during the COVID-19 pandemic for Temporary Foreign Workers in P.E.I.
- Jun 01 2021
- Safe at Work, Unsafe at Home: COVID-19 and Temporary Foreign Workers in Prince Edward Island is the first report in a series of research projects by the Migrant Workers in the Canadian Maritimes partnership.
- Sharing Seeds and Planning Your Garden for Saving SeedsCooper Institute and PEI Public Libraries Make Seeds Available to Gardeners
- Mar 19 2021
- Seed kits will be available as of March 22 at PEI libraries. And on March 23, Josie Baker will present a workshop on planning a garden for seed saving.
- Indigenous Fisheries - Rights, Resilience & RevivalDaniel O'Hanley Lecture - Online, February 7
- Jan 25 2021
- The Latin American Mission Program (LAMP) is presenting the 29th annual Daniel O’Hanley Memorial Lecture on Sunday, February 7, 2021 at 2:00 p.m. Due to COVID 19 restrictions, the lecture will be on-line.