Who We Are
What is Cooper Institute?
Cooper Institute is a development education centre which does popular education and research. The institute was established in 1984 and is a registered charity (#10114 4541 RR0001). Cooper Institute works with groups that are organized for social change, such as primary producers, workers, First Nations, and women's organizations.
Our Board is a collective in which all members have equal input into policies, procedures, programs, and projects.
There are four officers: President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer.
The work of the Institute is carried out by staff and volunteer members of the collective.
- To collaborate with various PEI groups which are organized for social and economic change.
- To conduct community development programs in various PEI communities.
- To organize and animate workshops on specific issues, and training sessions in organizational development.
- To provide the environment for making links of understanding and cooperation among groups on PEI which are working toward the same goals.
- To participate in the on-going research of these groups.
- To facilitate the exchange of information and experience between PEI groups and similar groups in developing countries.